Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export space without old permission settings

Richard Busch Nordli January 25, 2016

Hello.

I'm exporting a space from a Confluence server solution, and trying to import it into a cloud solution. The import is successfull, but I can't do anything with it after the import. After reading I believe it is because the export includes old permission settings including groups that can access the space.

Is it possible to export a space without all the old permission settings?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

You could remove the permissions stuff from the xml, but that's not going to help you much - the problem is not that you are bringing in old permissions, it's that you need to set new ones after import.  You're going to have to do that whatever you export/import!

Richard Busch Nordli January 26, 2016

Ok, I think I'm understanding what you are saying but can't get it to work.

I made a new group (same name as in export), added my user to the group, navigated to space permissions and clicking "manage permissions".

image2016-1-26 12:20:31.png

Ends up with this:

image2016-1-26 12:21:4.png

The results I want is to end up in space admin, so that I can configure the space.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

Ouch, that looks very wrong - as a system admin (rather than just space admin), you should always be able to get to the permissions page, even if you don't have any other rights in the space.

Does this link work for other spaces?

If it does, could you compare the urls to see if there are structural differences?  (If you're not sure what I mean there, could you post what the successful and failed links are and we can check them.  Feel free to remove the base-url of your confluence - we don't need that bit)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events