Exclude labels from 'Popular labels' macro

Maria Barnhart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a way too EXCLUDE certain labels from the 'popular labels' macro? Or do I need to issue a change request? I need a feature similar to exclude labels like it is done within the labels list macro.

Kind regards,

Ria

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hello @Maria Barnhart and welcome to the Community!  The only restrictions I'm aware of for the "Popular Labels" macro are based on the space and the number listed.  I would recommend using the "Labels List" macro, which allows you to restrict labels.  HTH

Capture.PNG

Maria Barnhart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Hi Laurie, thx for the reply!

The problem is, I need the macro with its function "popular" tags. Its pretty, and pretty functional.

Maybe for better background information, we have a student wiki where people are documenting their makerspace projects, using tags like "3D-print" or "laser-cutter" aso...

I like the macro on our landing page because other readers can see "oh, the topic laser cutter is trending, lets see what projects there are" (heatmap setting).

Thats fine and all, but we also have a gallery macro on the page. That macro should only show pictures tagged with "title-picture", because I don't want every single project picture to show, just a highlight picture from every project. And since I am using the label "title-picture" for that so much, the label also shows up in the popular label macro as a hot topic. Which is a bit confusing for users.

Not sure if this is even the best approach. But generally I think it would be nice to have a few more options for that macro, like excluding labels or just taking labels from certain pages.also: Color changes maybe? Instead of blue and gray?

How hard is it too write a similar macro like this myself lol :D

Greetings and happy Holidays,

Ria
Unbenannt.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events