Error while importing XML Data Export

Stephan Kreissl June 27, 2019

Since a week I have been desperately trying to migrate my confluence server system onto a Kubernetes solution. 

Everything works fine except for the Restore of my existing data. When I am trying to restore my freshly installed new confluence instance, I always run into the following error message. 

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Error while importing backup: com.atlassian.synchrony.Events

As anyone else experienced the same? I seem to not overcome this issue no matter what I try. I can provide you a more detailed log if you wish as well. 

The error occurs every time and it occurs approximately 60 seconds into the import. It appears that this is first thing in the entities.xml that can go wrong.

I hope you can help. 

Best, 

Steve

2 answers

0 votes
Stephan Kreissl July 30, 2019

Hi Dave,

I tried as you suggested but I did not succeed. You can find my complete atlassian-confluence.log right here: https://pastebin.com/1vM2gnHR

This is the most recent try from a freshly configured database and a freshly installed confluence instance. 

Hope you can help! 

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2019

Delete your atlassian-confluence.log file and try again.  There will be a stack trace there that contains a description of what went wrong. The error you posted isn't helpful in troubleshooting, but errors earlier on in the log file will be.  If you can't figure it out based on earlier stack traces, post up the errors, or ideally the whole log file somewhere (ie: pastebin, etc) and we should be able to help you troubleshoot.

Stephan Kreissl July 30, 2019

Hi Dave,

I tried as you suggested but I did not succeed. You can find my complete atlassian-confluence.log right here: https://pastebin.com/1vM2gnHR

This is the most recent try from a freshly configured database and a freshly installed confluence instance. 

Hope you can help! 

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2019

Hmm... not much to go on here.  From what I can see, you are running a supported configuration of Confluence 5.5. Double check that Supported Platforms link to make sure you have a supported Java and database (log says you're running Java 1.7 and MySQL 5.5.)

It may be a bug.  There is a JAC issue that describes how to enable more verbose SQL logging. That should give you more info on what's going on.  If you are moving from another database technology, you may be hitting a table constraint difference. I've seen this before when going to or from Oracle and Postgres.

Stephan Kreissl July 31, 2019

Hey Dave, 

I doublechecked the Platforms - everything is compatible. 

I created a second log with the verbose SQL logging enabled right here :https://pastebin.com/2FLaWB6Y

What is happening with this stuff? I am kinda getting annoyed and tired of it. 

Best,

Steve

KIK Team ISA September 2, 2019

Hello Dave, 

4 weeks have passed and I haven't heard from you. What can I do to proceed? I will need this up and running asap. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events