Error when changing space avatar

Jason Liu March 27, 2022

When I'm changing the space avatar, it showed error message "An error occurred while updating space details". Is there anything wrong with the space? We succeeded with other spaces. Change avatar error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu 

Can you make the change, note what time the change was made and the error experienced. Then you can generate a support zip to cross reference this time to see what Confluence is complaining about.

It is hard to explain why without at least knowing if it is a timeout issue, file compatibility issue, e.t.c

Add the snippet of the log here and I’m sure someone would happily analyse it for you.

(please clean out any sensitive data such as user names before appending your snippet here)

Jason Liu March 27, 2022

May I know how to generate a support zip?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022
Jason Liu March 31, 2022

Hi Ismael, I have customized a zip file and the change time is 03/31/2022 13:39 (Beijing time). Please let me know if there's any other information needed. Thank you. May I know which log I should support?

微信截图_20220401095937.png

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2022

Jason have a look at the first file in the list in your image at the time the user added the attachment, you can also search for the user’s name.

What does the application say?

Jason Liu April 6, 2022

Hi Ismael,

Maybe it's this:

2022-03-31 13:39:07,619 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-9] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[com.atlassian.confluence.pages.CachingAttachmentManager.saveAttachments]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #1086667267)
-- referer: https:/<base-url>/display/DQM/Quality+Ecosystem  | url: /rest/ia/1.0/space/setLogo | traceId: ba47bedeb3e34974 | userName: ?????
2022-03-31 13:39:08,524 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-41] [confluence.util.velocity.VelocityUtils] writeRenderedContent Error occurred rendering template content
-- url: /display/~???????/calendars | traceId: 602e6d2b5bb2c383 | userName: ?????????? | action: spacecalendar | space: 73367641
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Lexical error: org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 2. Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu 

Please avoid adding your base url and remove usernames when adding a snippet here as this is a public community.

I have removed them from the above.

Regards

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2022

From all I see the upload of your attachment itself is triggering an error though I am still not sure why?

Confluence is rolling back to the old attachment due to this.

Can you try the following(not sure if it helps but it’s worthy of a try):

1. Go to your Cache page in Confluence when no one is actively working on it 
  2. Flush your cache.
  3. Index confluence and try again

If the issue persists please get me the few errors and warnings before the first line you shared including the said line. Please remember to remove the URL as I have done and replace all usernames.

Thanks

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2022

Oh and to ensure that the image isn’t cached by the browser, can you try either in private browsing mode or using a different browser to see if this helps?

Jason Liu April 7, 2022

Hi Ismael, 

Does this error help? "There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event"

Jason Liu April 7, 2022

Hi Ismael,

This is the line before the first line I shared:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Jason Liu April 7, 2022

May I know which cache I should flush? And how this works? What influence it will have?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu 

See cache to flush here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/cache-statistics-150472.html hit Flush All at the bottom of the page. 

As for the error you shared, it tells me nothing. When sharing an error please consider copying from the date only removing usernames and urls if they exist. With the null pointer you shared there’s no way for me to confirm this is directly related to what we want to investigate.

Regards.

Jason Liu April 23, 2022

Hi Ismael, I checked with my colleague and we found an error by F12 when changing the avatar. Here's it: 

{statusCode: 501, message: "Unable to save changes to unreconciled page null",…}
reason: "Not Implemented"
statusCode: 501

Could you help to check on this?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2022

Hi Jason,

What you described is quite odd. What happens if you try this in Private browsing or incognito mode so we can ensure that this is not an issue with caching?

Also, does the issue occur when a different image is used?

I haven't personally seen the following error but in my search, I came across this but this has to do with updating pages along with Synchrony (a component that allows collaborative editing).

We would require a bit more information on the following to be able to suggest how to proceed here.

Regards.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2022

For a more thorough indepth analysis, I would suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian directly at support.atlassian.com because they have an NDA with customers and providing them with the support zip for a full analysis would help speed up getting this resolved.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events