Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing word document in the page created.

Amit Nailwal May 19, 2017

I tried to import a word document in the newly created page and received an error from the server which states, "Only word document can be imported."

Kindly check and confirm where is the gap.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

If you're in a cloud instance, this is a known bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-55085

It's marked as "awaiting release" so hopefully we will see a fix soon. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2017

The document you are trying to import from is not in a Word format that fits the specifications for that version.

It's a known problem with MS Office - the internal formats are so inconsistent and non-standard, you often run into files that tell you that they're office and turn out not to be saved to the documented standards.  Office can read/write them, but other programs can't because they don't obey their own rules.

Try opening the document in Word, then using "save as" to save it in one of the older formats - that usually strips out the non-standard stuff and makes the file readable with other things.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2017

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried saving my word doc as a .doc file, saving as .rtf and then saving as .docx, and using the "convert" option to get rid of "compatibility mode". Every time, I get the same "Only word document can be imported." error.  I've tried importing a simple word doc that has nothing but Normal text in it. Same error. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events