Entering illegal characters to Confluence wiki

Anni R September 14, 2011

Hi!

I have a problem. My input text contains an illegal characters as άέΪέύЀ and I get error message

The following error(s) occurred:
  • An error occured while trying to save the requested page.

Is it possible at all to enter those characters? I need to add Lithuanian and Latvian text to wiki.

What could be the workaround? For now I fix some character by replacing them with another character, but it's so annoying and take lots of time.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2011

You need to make sure both confluence, the application server and your database are using UTF-8 character encoding. You can find more information about it here. In confluence, you can look at the System Information section within the Confluence Admin Area.

This page is helpful to determine where the character encoding issue resides.

If your database is using a different character encoding scheme, all is not lost... you can still convert your database to UTF-8 using the following method.

Once everything is converted, you'll likely have to re-copy the content back.

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

Did you use the RTF editor to paste the characters? Or, can you say how you entered them?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2011

Should not be a problem if your database setting is utf-8. Can you get back to use with what database you're using and how it was created?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events