Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Dashboard, Search failing and unable to update edited page

Mark Bond September 2, 2019

NOTE:  All is well after a restating the server Confluence was running on. (NB: restarting the service didn't work, only a full system restart seemed to do the trick).

Leaving this here incase anyone else encounters the same thing.

Hi there,

A few points to note upfront.

• Based on the recent critical security advisory, we upgraded our Confluence Server version to 6.15.8 last Thursday. All went fine with the upgrade, and all was working well on Thu and Fri last week
  • This morning, at 6am (BST) I received an e-mail saying "Welcome to your Confluence Data Center trial. Nobody on our team requested this, so this seemed odd.
  • We use a SQL Server as our database.

The issue(s).

Since this morning, (or at some point over th weekend). We have been encountering several problems with our Confluence server. 

First we noticed that the Dashboard page was empty, and contains no Spaces in the drop down...

2019-09-02 12_22_18-Dashboard - Confluence - Brave.png

We then noticed that the Search menu no longer worked either (although we can see Spaces from that)...

2019-09-02 12_23_46-Settings.png

As with the search, we can see Spaces and content available by other means (e.g. by the direct url), however when we try to edit the page, and save it, we get the following error..

2019-09-02 12_28_54-Marks TODO - Mark Bond - Confluence - Brave.png

To rectify the problem, I have searched your support desk, and have tried the following:

I'll keep digging in your support system, but I though it best I raise this so you can assist ASASP.

I also have our exported support zip if required (however, I can't seem to find any process for attaching this to this request).

Kind Regards,

Mark Bond

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Bond September 2, 2019

Never mind - All is well after a restating the server Confluence was running on. (NB: restarting the service didn't work, only a full system restart seemed to do the trick).

Leaving this here incase anyone else encounters the same thing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events