Email page feature

Paul-Andre Jaimes May 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Share a Page or Blog Post

We use confluence to do our project updates. We have weekly reports that we need to send to top management and for them to read on the go (on their Blackberry). Is there a way to easily send the content of the page via email?

I have seen on the documentation that the Email Page Plugin has been discontinued. Is there a work around that does not involve copy pasting the content of the page manually (which is not what I expect from a top product like confluence).

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hi Paul-Andre,

Seibert has a plugin that will send the page as an HTML email. The formatting works well on handhelds - I tested on an iPhone but I don't see why a Blackberry would stutter with the HTML. No PDFs involved and it's a two-click send from Confluence. You can select which users (or groups) receive the email just like the normal Share feature. Check it out: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.seibertmedia.confluence.plugin.mailpage/server/overview

Best,
Daniel 

Paul-Andre Jaimes June 8, 2016

Thanks Daniel, I will try the addon.

0 votes
Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2016

Would export to PDF do the trick for you, Paul-Andre (ellipsis.png > Export to PDF)? That'd be the quickest way I can think of.

Thanks Giles. The Export to PDF isn't ideal for my use case due to the fact that it requires time to create PDF, to save PDF, and then attach to a page. It also mean that I need to create an email to put the PDF into context to the target audience. A simple share Page via email feature would help me be more productive. The question here is when Atlassian decided not to support this feature (Confluence Mail Page Plugin), was it actively replaced by another easy steps?

Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2016

Unfortunately, no, there's no replacement for that functionality that I'm aware of.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

You might be right - Share sends a link to the page

The problem is your Confluence instance is not accessible from any PC, Tablet or Smart phone!!  That is why it has 2-factor login security (username and password)

I think you need to re-evaluate your IT security policies.

The other thing to look at is whether they have individually set their Notification emails and Watches in the profile settings which do send at least "some" of the page content ... but obviously they would still need to acess teh actual page whilst they are "on the run"

0 votes

Are you able able share the full content using the share facility or only the link to the page?

The issue with the Share Facility, is that I have only seen the send a link feature. Confluence within our organization is set up to be accessible only within our network for security reason. This makes it not convenient for our top management that is on the road. I would like to be able to share the actual content in an HTML view (very similar to the email that I receive when someone does an edit to the page)

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2016

Wouldn't you just use the Share facility to right of the screen?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events