cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications displays Show if/Hide if macro content

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Dear All,

I am experimenting with show if/hide if macro in order to show/hide some user groiup specific content on the same page.

However, when users watch the page the email notiofication that they receive contains all changes which normally ther aaren't allowed to view.

Is there a way to get around of this issue or a settings that I forget to do?

Cheers,

Selcuk

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Hello Selcuk,

I must say that I'm not very familiar with this macro. But the problem that you are experiencing is due that one thing is browser rendered, and the other is mailed.

While browser has css, and has the ability to hide stuff, mail doesn't.

I believe what you could do is tweak the mail template, and then you could add some hiding in the mail itself

Not sure how this would be done, but this gives you a better way to pursue your problem.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

Thanks Guilherm.

I do not have access to the server but we are about the establish a staging server. I'll test it on it.

Cheers,

Selcuk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events