Editing Space Permissions gives "The specified URL cannot be found."

GrayAegis January 15, 2018

Hi,

I've been looking into this for a couple of days now.

Running Confluence 6.5.1 on VM. 

What happens is, whenever I try to edit space permissions coming from the URL, I get "The specified URL cannot be found.". It works fine from the IP address, but that doesn't help when we need to use the URL for this. All I can think of is that something in the installation is missing or broken, but I'm not sure what. 

I can't find anything in the logs and I can't find anything online.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be something to do with the installation? 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi Ethan,

Because you are able to reach the Space Permissions menu using the IP address of the server in the URL, but not when you use the "friendly URL" you have pretty much isolated the issue to the network/infrastructure.

There may be a proxy that needs more configuration, or perhaps your Confluence Admin>General Configuration>Base URL does not match the DNS URL you are using. Please verify the latter.

To help me understand more, please let me know what URL is displayed in the browser when the ."..URL cannot be found" message is displayed, and what the URL is (other than the IP) when the page can be reached.

If you are using a proxy, please make sure the proxyPort, proxyName and scheme are set in the connector directive in <confluence_install>/conf/server.xml as described in Proxy Support.

I realize you mentioned you checked the logs, please make sure to check both logs directories:

• <confluence_install>/logs
  • <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log (note) The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties
I look forward to hearing your findings.
Thanks,
Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events