Edit overview page template for a new software project space

Mike Kondrashin September 19, 2019

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here. When I create a new space and choose "Software project space" type, it will create a new space with an Overview page as  the homepage:

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 11.53.09.png

I'd like to customize this Overview page template, to add some extra fields, remove the roadmap widget, etc. so that all spaces for our projects have unified look and feel. But I cannot seem to find this page template on the list of blueprints?

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hi @Mike Kondrashin 

This answer is just for confluence server:

As far as I know, you can not change a space template. In the global blueprint settings, you just have the option, to disable the space blueprint, but not change it. 

What you can do is change the default content of a new empty space: Customizing Default Space Content

space blueprint.png

To add a new blueprint you have to write one --> Write a simple Confluence Space blueprint

Regards, Dominic

Mike Kondrashin September 19, 2019

Thanks @Dominic Lagger Maybe i misundersand something, but i thought a space is a collection of pages? So there should be an Overview page blueprint somewhere?

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

You are totally right. A space is a collection of pages.

But when you create a space, it creates a space with one page --> the homepage. And as far as I know, the blueprint of this page cannot be changed.

The page itself can be edited afterwards, but I don't think, that was the question. 

Perhaps I am wrong and someone else can teach me :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events