Edit in Office Excel fails /plugins/confluence/servlet/confluence/editinword

Hi experts!

Someone got this error and could resolve this? 

image.pngI cannot figure out why this is happening. Opening Excel file from http://www.ajaxbrowser.com/ works just fine. But Confluence doesn't. In WebDAV I can locate the file, but I'am not able to open it - same error occurs. 

Edit: I attached a log-file for further information.

Best regards,

Mario

2 answers

Hi Mario,

take a look to $CONFLUENCE_HOME/logs/atlassian-confluence.log, maybe you can find something there.
I'm not sure, but ajaxbrowser uses a sprecial protocol to handle the file editing -> you can't compare it that easy...

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve, I attached a LOG at the main description. Regards, Mario

I have been informed that the WebDAV Office connector is not compatible with Office 16.  Office 13 and OpenOffice 2.x-3.x are supported.
There is a JIRA ticket to expand the functionality - go vote on it.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38024

BTW - it doesn't work with Microsoft Edge (their new browser) and even if you try to natively open in IE10, I am still getting the error.

Hi Ed, thanks for sharing this information! Maybe it can help others. But in our case we are using Office 13 with standard IE. I hope someone can figure out what to do. It happened from one day to another - no changes in plugins or something. Best Regards, Mario

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

259 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you