Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit button in Attachment List Missing

Stephanie Simons April 8, 2022

Hello, 

About two weeks ago half of my team and me lost the "Edit" button for files in the Attachments list on our Confluence pages.  I have reached out to our internal Help Desk team but their proposed solutions have not worked.  They suggested we clear our browsing history and "restart service" and "repair app" through Zscaler.  

Is there a way to get the Edit button back so we can edit our files right from Confluence?  We are currently downloading each file and then uploading it back to rewrite over the previous version. 

Screenshot 1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Stephanie Simons 
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When you mention half of your team lost this feature, does it mean the other half (or any other Confluence user) can still access the missing feature?

If you preview the file, do you have the Edit button on the top right?

I would recommend checking if you have the same behavior on different browsers (i.e. Chrome and Firerox).

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Stephanie Simons April 13, 2022

@Thiago Masutti - Some of the team still have access to that feature, but each day we find new individuals who lost the Edit button. 

The preview of the file has the edit button missing as well. 

We use Chrome already and I checked FireFox but the feature is also missing.  IE does not support confluence when I try through that browser. 

Thank you for your suggestions!  Does this additional information provide you with any other thoughts on solutions? 

Best, 

Stephanie Simons

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events