Edit Home page layout on existing space

Mario Hyland January 16, 2013

I know how to edit the default layout, but that doesn't apply to existing space home pages. I use the Docuiment theme which makes the navigator gadget in the standard layout redundant. Is there any way to edit the markup for an existing page to change or delete frames?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mario Hyland January 21, 2013

Well, couldn't change the frames or number of columns. Was able to adjust content to something acceptable.

1 vote
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hello there,

Not sure if that would suit you, but you can try editing the Page Layout in Confluence Admin > Look and Feel > Layouts that controls how the page is displayed. You just need to be familiar with Velocity coding.

Cheers.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Thanks Alyson, that is a great idea. If there will be no more answers for several days I will mark that one as a solution.

0 votes
Deleted user August 18, 2016

On the edit screen, if you click the Page Layout button, you get a toolbar on which there is a "Remove Section" button.  This can be used to remove the frames/sections from the default pages in a space.

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

you can develop a script and using confluence REST API or SOAP API process all the existing spaces and change layout accordingly.

SOAP: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+XML-RPC+and+SOAP+APIs

REST: http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latest/

Depending on a selected language, there are some wrappers for ruby, python, java, .net, etc

Alex - Thanks but I think that would be overkill since I only have 2 spaces

Alyson - Interesting idea, but that would change all pages and I'm just trying to remove something from the home page.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

if you have just 2 spaces, why don't you change the layout manually?

Becaause under edit there are a set of frames and you can only edit what is in them. you can't delete or move them. I can't find any mechanism to get at the markup or html.
I may be missing something. There have been a lot of changes since I last wor4ked with Confluence a couple of years ago.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events