Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic spreadsheets

Alex Ransome December 18, 2019

Hello,

I'm a brand new user of Confluence (excuse the incorrect terminology), and would like to know if I can publish a spreadsheet on Confluence that can be updated because of a change to a spreadsheet held elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2019

HI Alex,

The Office Excel macro will not work as it stored the file as an attachment rather than the dynamic link.

You can try our add-ons from marketplace like Excellentable to edit the spreadsheet inside confluence only.

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Alex Ransome welcome to Confluence!

If you would like the spreadsheet information on your Confluence page to be automatically updated as soon as a change is made, you will probably want to use some kind of a macro and avoid referencing/attaching an Excel file. If you store/save some data source outside of Confluence, sooner or later you can have complications, like concurrent editing or changes not showing up in Confluence.

Take a look at some of the Confluence macros that are available on the Atlassian Marketplace for spreadsheets. I work with Elements which makes Elements Spreadsheet for Confluence, but there are other apps as well (and you can try all of them for free to get an idea before you buy).

Hope you find a solution that meets your needs!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events