Downloaded confluence

kA December 22, 2013

Hi friends,

It is possible to use my own domain name for downloaded confluence?

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

4 answers

0 votes
karthikys December 29, 2013

If you are working on to update the domain name of your confluence instance. After updating the Confluence Base URL, you may also need to tweak the DNS settings.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2013

Be very careful with language here - "redirection" is NOT appropriate, you need a fixed url for Confluence, which is set up in your DNS, and is what you put into Confluence's "base url"

Redirection is only useful when you move Confluence to a new url and want to catch people who have old bookmarks, or you've shut down an old system and want the users to start using Confluence.

karthikys January 1, 2014

Thanks Nic, i've updated my comment.

0 votes
kA December 22, 2013

Hi Nic,

If confluence was already installed means,how can i change that domain name?

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2013

Skip the "install" step in the previous comment! (i.e. change your network and the Confluence base url)

0 votes
kA December 22, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your updates, can you please update the working steps to perform that one.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2013

Set up your network to route traffic to the right place

Install Confluence

Set the base url to match where Confluence will be running

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2013

Yes.

That's a very brief answer, for a very easy question, but I suspect there's more to the question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events