Download confluence.

Magnus Tamm November 18, 2019

Hi.

Can I use wget, curl or httrack to download whole confluence. The problem is that i need to make local confluence copy to back up all the pages for the worst case scenario. But it has to be stored localy and offline. 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Magnus Tamm , 

Confluence backup should be done on database level, this is where your data (pages, spaces, configuration, ...) is stored. 

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Magnus Tamm November 18, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert 

The problem is how do i do it? I thought about to create new confluence server (local). Copy my database from live server and add it to local one. But I have some problems. 

1. It has to be simple. Because everyone don't know how to start server and so on.
2. I was only given a hdd.and there are some other backup files on it(also have to be there), so i cant make it bootable to run linux and confluence server. 

So there it is. If id use somekind of website mirroring software I'd download whole confluence site. Then users only have to click index.html open and voila they can access all the information locally.

Right now all I could dowload is frontpage(dashboard) sometimes with css sometimes not and it doesn't download other links on the page.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Magnus Tamm , 

the other option you have is doing a XML backup from your Confluence instance : this will give you a zip file that you can then import into another local instance. The documentation for this can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/manually-backing-up-the-site-152405.html

More information is also available here if you want to automate this process : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/site-backup-and-restore-163578.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events