• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Download confluence.

Hi.

Can I use wget, curl or httrack to download whole confluence. The problem is that i need to make local confluence copy to back up all the pages for the worst case scenario. But it has to be stored localy and offline. 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Nov 18, 2019

Hi @Magnus Tamm , 

Confluence backup should be done on database level, this is where your data (pages, spaces, configuration, ...) is stored. 

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert 

The problem is how do i do it? I thought about to create new confluence server (local). Copy my database from live server and add it to local one. But I have some problems. 

1. It has to be simple. Because everyone don't know how to start server and so on.
2. I was only given a hdd.and there are some other backup files on it(also have to be there), so i cant make it bootable to run linux and confluence server. 

So there it is. If id use somekind of website mirroring software I'd download whole confluence site. Then users only have to click index.html open and voila they can access all the information locally.

Right now all I could dowload is frontpage(dashboard) sometimes with css sometimes not and it doesn't download other links on the page.

Alexis Robert Community Leader Nov 18, 2019

Hi @Magnus Tamm , 

the other option you have is doing a XML backup from your Confluence instance : this will give you a zip file that you can then import into another local instance. The documentation for this can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/manually-backing-up-the-site-152405.html

More information is also available here if you want to automate this process : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/site-backup-and-restore-163578.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you