Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does both confluence need to be at same version to support import ?

Arun Prakash November 17, 2020

Hi Team, 

Planning to migrate confluence space from one instance to another in same org but between different departments.

Source Confluence version - 6.13

To confluence Version - 7.4.3

1) with admin access, can I export and import a space between these versions ?

2) Without admin access, Is there a way to import a space  ? I have the space already exported from 6.13

4 answers

0 votes

We are planning it to do manually if there are no options available to import. But I want to make sure from atlassian before I proceed.

0 votes

Thanks @Artem Fomin - DevOps Action @repi for your time and reply.

Do you think we have some solution for importing a space without admin access ? I had asked the same as a different question but no answers yet.  I have the space already exported as xml with the help of an admin, but struggling to import.

0 votes
Artem Fomin - DevOps Action
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

You can import a space from an older version of Confluence into a newer version of Confluence, but it's not recommended to go from newer to older.

You do need Confluence admin privilege in order to import a complete space.

You may run into some challenges around username convention, Jira macros, hardcoded URLs, Team Calendars, but the majority of the content should be fine.

Arun Prakash November 18, 2020

@Artem Fomin - DevOps Action  Do you think we have some solution for importing a space without admin access ? I had asked the same as a different question but no answers yet.  I have the space already exported as xml with the help of an admin, but struggling to import.

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

@Arun Prakash 

This is the info on the backup & restore page

Backup & Restore

Export this site

This will export all content in this site, including users, to a zipped XML file. This file can be imported into Confluence 5.9.1 to 7.8.0, and compatible later versions. If you're moving to Confluence Cloud, the Migration Assistant can help you migrate.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf78/production-backup-strategy-1021242690.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events