Docs site intermittently slow after upgrade to v7.2 server

Megan Ellis January 21, 2020

We just upgraded to v7.2 server. Since the upgrade, our docs site is intermittently slow to load. 

Our infrastructure team has tried optimizing the database and we fixed the Marketplace connection (https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/problems-connecting-to-the-atlassian-marketplace-273875718.html) From the admin side, I ran a reindex. We continue to have intermittent slow periods, and even an occasional 504 Timeout error.

Has anyone else experienced this after upgrade, and if so do you have tips to solve it?

One other change we have been making is in one of our spaces, we are moving all images to a page called _images and the images on all other pages link to the image there. The _images pages has about 800 images and will continue to grow. Not sure if that could be related to the intermittent slow loading.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi Megan,

The _images page you describe could be a culprit. Confluence is intended to have attachments attached to the page they are related to, and not necessarily have a single page as a "repository" of files. Though it's hard to say if 800 images would cause this kind of bottleneck.

If you have a staging instance where you can reproduce this behavior, it may help to see if deleting the page helps.

Otherwise, there can be a number of factors that can contribute to performance issues. I recommend checking out the Performance Tuning guide to help optimize and narrow down root causes.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events