Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know how to freeze the headers when we scroll through a table in confluence

Rief, Jane Marie October 14, 2016

4 answers

4 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

Headers are sticky by default. The following will cause them to stop being sticky:

Sticky table headings in view mode

In some instances table header rows will stick to the top when you're viewing a page, making those really long tables easier to read. There are a few exceptions though. Table headers aren't sticky when:

• the space is using the documentation theme
  • your table is inside a page layout (columns and sections)
  • your table has no header row or there are cells in the top row that aren't marked as headers
  • your table has a header column, instead of a header row, and scrolls horizontally
  • your table is inside another table, or has another table inside, with its own header row
  • your table only has one column.
Cody Cotulla June 29, 2017

Milo,

Finding tables that had heading rows within tables that had heading rows and removing the heading rows fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for your post.

Cody

travis highley January 30, 2018

I just came across this, in my case it was row numbers. Removed them and then I got the sticky header.

3 votes
James Read April 18, 2019

If there are merged cells, this will stop sticky headers too

0 votes
jyotish.thomas@dib.ae March 13, 2019

I am new to Confluence. Please let me know how to display a table inside confluence with header of a table frozen.

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

There is an option to make table scrollable with fixed header in Table Filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events