Do i need a license for users that will only view the Pages Edited

I only have a handful of users (9) that will make changes or add content to the pages (spaces). Do I need a Confluence license for all 900+ generic view only users?  Each user will login to the PC  with his or her own AD account. I can't see spending $18k for a mostly view only site.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

If they log in, they need a licence.

But you can make your spaces accessible to "anonymous" - anyone who has not logged in is anonymous.

How do you make the space accessible to Anonymous?

Look towards the last section on the "space permissions" settings page.

You'll also need to enable it globally.

ok that worked. thanks!.. one more question...how can I make one particular space the default opening page?

You can't quite do it with a space, but in General Configuration, you can change the "home" page from the dashboard to a specific page in a space.

very cool!  that also worked.thanks.   .is there a setting to remove the left side pane as well?

I've not tried to do that for a long time, you may need a "theme" to do it.

Hi @Gene Gretzer!

One more thing... if you open up Anonymous access be advised this means also that search engines can index your content. If you don't want this, and you're on Confluence Server, you'll want to set up a robots.txt file.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

ok...will look at that..appreciate your help ;-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,059 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you