Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need a license for users that will only view the Pages

Gene Gretzer August 1, 2017

I only have a handful of users (9) that will make changes or add content to the pages (spaces). Do I need a Confluence license for all 900+ generic view only users?  Each user will login to the PC  with his or her own AD account. I can't see spending $18k for a mostly view only site.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

If they log in, they need a licence.

But you can make your spaces accessible to "anonymous" - anyone who has not logged in is anonymous.

How do you make the space accessible to Anonymous?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Look towards the last section on the "space permissions" settings page.

You'll also need to enable it globally.

ok that worked. thanks!.. one more question...how can I make one particular space the default opening page?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

You can't quite do it with a space, but in General Configuration, you can change the "home" page from the dashboard to a specific page in a space.

very cool!  that also worked.thanks.   .is there a setting to remove the left side pane as well?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

I've not tried to do that for a long time, you may need a "theme" to do it.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi @Gene Gretzer!

One more thing... if you open up Anonymous access be advised this means also that search engines can index your content. If you don't want this, and you're on Confluence Server, you'll want to set up a robots.txt file.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes

ok...will look at that..appreciate your help ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events