Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying satisfaction rating in confluence using jira filter

kyle toppazzini September 3, 2019

Hi we have set up a jira macro filter and included the field for customer satisfaction rating.  The filter displays all fields but does not display the satisfaction star ratings from jira help desk.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

You could try this way: export your filter to Excel, then embed the resulted spreadsheet in the Confluence page.

The Better Excel Exporter app can export the rating only, or both the rating the customer satisfaction comment like this:

jira-service-desk-tickets-with-customer-satisfaction 

0 votes
kyle toppazzini September 11, 2019

I was able to export the issues and the satisfaction rating i.e. the stars shows up in the report.  In confluence the satisfaction shows up as blank.  If I set the filter to only bring in star rating of X and above it will filter the issues properly but again the satisfaction is blank. The problem appears to be something blocking the display in confluence.  I find it odd because other images like that on status will show up in confluence.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi @kyle toppazzini 

I have not tested this but if memory serves me well, not all custom fields can be displayed from JIRA macro similar issue occurs with exporting of a custom field value.

As this is the case a workaround would be

1. Create a new custom field 
  2. add a custom event that listens for customer satisfaction event.
  3. Pull the value of the stars using the script 
  4. Update the custom field using the script.
  5. Add your custom field to your Jira Macro filter.

Please note you may need an addon like scriptrunner and the above still needs to be tested.

Cheers

kyle toppazzini September 11, 2019

I was able to export the issues and the satisfaction rating i.e. the stars shows up in the report.  In confluence the satisfaction shows up as blank.  If I set the filter to only bring in star rating of X and above it will filter the issues properly but again the satisfaction is blank. The problem appears to be something blocking the display in confluence.  I find it odd because other images like that on status will show up in confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events