Displaying images as thumbnail in Confluence

Pinaki Basu March 13, 2012

Previous to 4.1.3 version confluence I was able to add image to my page with thumbnail affect. Now I do not have that option when inserting image. The only work around to create a gallery of single picture. This is cumborsome if I have few pictures to load. I am not sure why this option was taken out.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2012

Hi,

You don't necessarily have to create a gallery to get a thumbnail. After inserting an image if you single click on it in the editor to bring up the property paneal underneath the editor you can select from one of four preset thumbnail sizes or click on the text displaying the pixel size of the image to set your own specific thumbnail size. Have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Displaying+Images#DisplayingImages-Controllingtheimageappearance for details.

It's still not as quick as the old wiki markup, but hopefully quicker than the gallery option?

Does that help at all?

Andrew.

Pinaki Basu March 14, 2012

Thanks Andrew it definetly helped.

2 votes
ProjectMatthias October 28, 2012

Hey Thomas,

I've come across the same problem. If you make a {html} macro and paste this inside, it will disable the whole pages clickable images:

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.toInit(function() {
  // unbind directly-embedded images
  AJS.$("img.confluence-embedded-image").unbind("click.fb");

// unbind the gallery macro
  AJS.$("a.gallery-link").unbind("click.fb");

// unbind the attachments macro
 AJS.$(".attachments a.filename").unbind("click.fb");
});
</script>
0 votes
Koloro June 19, 2012

I tried several options but can t found the way for disable images when mouseover and click popup, we don t need this images like pop up.

here and example

http://www.portalminero.com/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=PRENSA

Thanks Thomas

Nelson Jimenez Manio November 6, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to insert multiple images to a page at one time (multiple select) ?? Inserting an image one at a time is very cumbersome when there are tons of them to insert.

thanks,

Bermelian

Rajesh Singamsetty April 29, 2019

Hi Koloro, the link provided by you does not work.

Thanks

Rajesh Singamsetty

Like Gear Vehicles likes this
0 votes
Koloro June 19, 2012

Hi friends, any idea how to disable the action popup when click the image?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012
Hmm, this is the usual behaviour of thumbnails. If you only want small unclickable pictures, you should add a small version of the picture, not a thumbnail ;-)

Best regards

Thomas

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2012

Hi! Welcome to Atlassian Answers :) When asking questions, you should create a new question rather than adding an answer to an existing question. This makes it easier for people to find the question and provide a good answer for it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events