cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display user profile data in table

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

I'm looking for a way to display a table containing the profile data of all users in a confluence group in a table.

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

There doesn't seem to be any way to do that.

We achieved it by creating a Confluence page for each user with the data fields as a table in the Page Properties macro. Then we add one or more labels to each bio page that specifies a grouping for that bio.

Finally, we use the Page Properties Report macro to create tables with the user data, grouped based on one or more labels.

It sounds like a lot of work, but you just need to create a template in your Users space, and require each of your employees to create and fill out their profile. If you make the incentive positive (or negative) enough, your people will do it.

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2016

Thanks for your feedback! Will think about that.

Erin Whaley August 27, 2018

Any updates on this now that is is 2018?? Trying to do the same thing and have added a few fields to the profile using a plug-in but now want to create the table view using Page Properties Report macro, and I don't think there is any label or anything to find and display info only from the user profiles. 

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Erin Whaley, for the overview table the add-on People Directory Plus might be helpful.

I'd be interested in your solution to add additional fields to the profile, what plug-in did you use for that? 

Erin Whaley August 28, 2018

We are using Cloud, so it looks like People Directory Plus is server only. I installed a trial version of Custom User Profiles for Confluence in order to add a few fields to the profile form. Haven't tried yet to see about creating a view. I don't know if it will let me access the profile form somehow...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events