Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display excerpts in browse by labels view

Paul LALANNE September 30, 2014

Hi,

Is there a way to display pages excerpts in the browse by labels / labelled content view?

Conversely, is there a way to display labels for each page in a search result?

Thanx in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

You can search by label by typing "labelText:chocolate" (discovered in Search Syntax), so you'll see excerpts in the search results.

As of the Atlassian Developer's Summit 2014, Atlassian plans to expand the search syntax so you'll soon get amazing power from it. Stay tuned!

Paul LALANNE October 1, 2014

Thanx for your answer...but that's not exactly what i was looking for.

I knew that i could search labels using search syntax.

But, even in this way, the result page doesn't display the labels attached at each result as they are shown when using the browsing by labels view.

On the oposite side, it would be very usefull, when navigating by labels, to display on the result page an excerpt of each page/element shown as a result.

In other words, what i'm looking for is not to improve the search itself, but to display more elements on the result page.

Should i understand that it is not possible at this time? Even with a third party addon?

Hope i made it clear...and sorry for my English.

Thanx in adavance.   

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

You're right, I skipped that part because I don't know any way of showing labels in the Confluence search, but I know some people have more expertise of the search and I hope they'll see your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events