Deleting a user restricts their pages, and I can't access restrictions to fix it

Tracy Szappan April 6, 2022

This is more of a pre-emptive question than anything, but I dealt with the situation previously and I'm afraid I'm going to have to deal with it again shortly, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer. 

In 2020, I had to remove a user from our system. She had edited a lot of pages. When I removed her from the system, every page she had touched suddenly became restricted. I (an admin) and another user (also an admin) could not access the page to manage page restrictions to fix this. 

In the end, we found an article with a segement that could be appended to each affected page's URL that would give us access to page restrictions for that page. It was tedious, but it worked.

Unfortunately, I can't find this URL segment again, and I'm about to have to remove a heavy editor from the system again. From what I'm seeing in Atlassian's sites, this issue may have never been fixed for server. Does anyone know what I need to append to the URL to access page restriction management, or where I might find it? Or something else that might work?

1 answer

1 vote
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

Hi @Tracy Szappan 
I hope you are well.

I'm not aware of such an issue, when a user is deleted pages curated by them become restricted.
Do you happen to have any link to an Atlassian document (KB or bug) about it?

You can check restrictions through Space tools or Page information.

From both of these pages you can delete restrictions.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events