cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted attachments still show in search

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

After deleting an attachment from a page and adding a new attachment, the old attachment will still show in the search results.  Any ideas why or how to stop this?

5 answers

2 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

I have found the answer to this, but I do believe that this is a bug.  The attachment still existed in the Space Trash but as soon as I purged it from the Trash, it no longer showed up in the search results.  Now I was expecting to find that because I was a System Admin, and therefore by default would have access to the Trash, that was why I could see it in the Search Results.  I tested this by having a user that did not have access to the Trash search for the document and he was still able to see it in the search results.

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2015

Hi Chris,

Have you tried to re-index the instance? Here's the guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration

In case it doesn't work, we might need to re-index the instance from scratch as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+rebuild+the+content+indexes+from+scratch

I hope it helps!

Eduardo

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

I don't think that the re-indexing will help.  I have looked into the page history and found a document that was deleted on Aug 12, but still shows up in the search results.  The attachment is currently in the trash.  We rebuilt the index from scratch on September 6, so we have already tried this.

0 votes
Graham Campbell May 5, 2016
0 votes
Amt für Informatik Kt.Schwyz April 13, 2016

Re-indexing doesn't solve the problem . Deleted files show in search. Only after deleting the attachments out of the space trash it disappears from the search. This is a bug.

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

Deleted my previous comment as I was looking into the wrong page and space.

lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2015

If this is resolved can you mark your own answer as answered so we can close this post :)?

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2015

It's not resolved, I moved my last comment to go under Eduardo's answer. The re-index has not helped. One of the attachments in question was deleted on Aug 12, we rebuilt the index from scratch on September 6. It is still showing in the search results.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events