Define Dropdown-Filter-Operators in Tabelfilter-Macro?

Neumann Bernd April 12, 2023

image.png

It seems that "AND" and "OR" have the same functionality... For my understanding there should be an "ExclusiveOR" option, which at least shows only the selected filter value!

By the way, a selected filter works with a specific column, and I can't imagine how the "AND" option should work, because the filtered value is XYZ "OR" UVW, i.e. values equal to XYZ and UVW are displayed.

In case of XYZ "EXOR" UVW you can choose either XYZ or UVW, which would make much more sense...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Neumann Bernd April 12, 2023

Hi @Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_ ,

Thank you for explaining the functionality of these Dropdown filter operators.

I thought it could be a solution to add some interactivity to Confluence by selecting "options" with this filter. But for best user experience this requires EXOR functionality, nevertheless it works and my users have to live with Confluence philosophy.

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Neumann Bernd,

Please take a look on the screenshots below.

Here is our test table wrapped in the Table Filter macro:

Wed 2-1.png

Now we set a dropdown value, choose the delimiter (comma for our case) and choose the “AND” option:

Wed 2-2.pngWed 2-3.png

As a result, we have only one entry where both “A” and “B” options are present.
Now we choose the “OR” option:

Wed 2-4.pngWed 2-5.png

The result differs: we have three entries where “A” or “B” options are present.
Hope I could clarify the case a little bit.

Besides, note that you may click on the “=” button and set a reversed filter. In this case you will be shown all the entries that don’t match the chosen criteria:

Wed 2-6.pngWed 2-7.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events