Cursor keeps jumping to top of page

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Hi,

Regularly, when starting a bulleted list the cursor first jumps to the top of the page and then starts a bullet list there. It somtimes takes several attempts to get it right.

The same happens sometimes when ending a bulleted list. Instead of ending the list the cursor jumps to the top of the page and starts a list there.

Not sure when exactly it happens. We do use sections and columns a lot, so it might be related.

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2014

Hi Patrick,

Are you using IE 10? based on your description, I suspect that you might bump into this bug. Unfortunately currently there is no workaround or fix for this bug :(

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34278

Thank you.

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

Indeed IE 10.

0 votes
Deleted user January 21, 2015

I agree it's annoying and it is not an isolated bug. It also happens to me in On-Demand using Chrome 39.x  

For example, it happens consistently when selecting  text, especially if I swipe from right to left and start typing over the selection, because that includes the invisible paragraph marker.

If I select from left to right and stop dragging just before the selection highlight extends all the way to the right  margin, then it doesn't happen. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events