Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple TOCs / Navigations using the same content

Anant Sabane August 3, 2011

I have a huge collection of pages and I want to create different TOCs used for different PDF output to be compiled. Some topics (pages) may be overlapping in different PDF files.

Even the same is required while delivering content in online + static HTML format too.

Can anyone please guide me on how to do that?

2 answers

0 votes
Betsy Walker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

Try the contentbylabel macro, and label the pages so that they end up in the appropriate 'collections'.

Note: this will list the page titles, not headings within a page... but maybe that'll work just fine.

0 votes
ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

The table of contents plugin allows you to create table of contents by including or excluding header styles (e.g., h1, h2, h3). By using these strategically, you should be able to create different tables of contents for the same content.

You can also exclude specific headers using the macro. The macro browser windows gives you all those options and is easy to use.

Anant Sabane August 3, 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. However this navigation i am talking is not only about a single page. It is for a collection of pages across multiple spaces. To deliver a documentation set to the audience for a specific modular application, I need to create navigation. The same navigation is needed in online / static HTML / PDF forms.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events