Creating from template: fill in fields only without viewing full page?

Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

When I create a page from the built-in Decision template, the create dialog box gets a "Next" button which takes me to this screen:

Selection_126.png

But if I create a page using a custom template that I've created, I don't get this nice screen showing just the variable fields. Instead, I get taken to a much uglier intermediary "Page Template Wizard" page where I have to read through the entire page and look for variable fields mixed in with the rest of the content.

Selection_127.png

How can I make my custom templates use that nicer form that the built in templates have?

2 answers

0 votes
Rico Dittrich August 23, 2017

Although this question is very old, I still want to provide an answer since I just found this question on Google. You're probably looking for something Confluence calls Blueprint plugins. Here's a guide describing how to create a Blueprint plugin for Confluence: https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-blueprints/write-a-simple-confluence-blueprint-plugin

0 votes
Tobias Löbermann March 17, 2015

Hi,

same question here! Is there a way to disable the ugly template wizard step?
We want to use variables like "" in Template "Meeting notes" in our own created templates.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events