Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Fixed Width Content

Nicholas Pappas July 7, 2014

How can I set content to remain centered in the page, at a fixed width?

The Confluence documentation does this, but my attempts to use 'sections' and 'columns' have proved unsuccessful.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Documentation+Home

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

I would create a user macro that you can use to wrap around your content to be centered. Also in the user macro would be some CSS styles to do the centering.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

You could also try the Content Formatting Macros. It gives you all sorts of html macros such as div, span, style, etc. You could create a div maco and set the id in the macro properties. Then create a style macro and target that div to center the contents.

Nicholas Pappas July 8, 2014

Thank you. I was hoping there was some more straight foward way - I figure it is a canned layout they are using, but my installation doesn't provide. I went ahead and just tossed a `div` in with some styling to accomplish the effect -- just have to remember to add it to each page now.

Nicholas Pappas July 8, 2014

Hm, thought I had. A wayward double click on the check perhaps. :)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2014

Feel free to mark the question as answered. Thanks. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events