Create page from template not blank

We are currently upgrading to 5.10 and I notice that the Create button functionality is now split between 'Create a blank page' and 'Create from template,' which is cool. 

However, the link for creating a blank page is https://yourinstance.com/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=blahblah&fromPageId=whatever

Is it possible somewhere to change this URL so that it points instead to https://yourinstance.com/pages/createpage-entervariables.action?spaceKey=blahblah&fromPageId=whatever 

i.e. change from createpage.action to createpage-entervariables.action and redirect to our template basic page?

We don't want our users creating blank pages - we want to guide them to use our tempate, which has nice sections, the viewtracker marco, etc.

Thanks,

Jim.

1 answer

Hello Jim,

I know that you can change, disable or modify available templates from here:

image2017-1-30 14:21:36.png

If you want to modify "blank template" you can do it from here:

image2017-1-30 14:23:33.png

When I go to my Global Templates and Blueprints screen (/pages/templates2/listglobaltemplates.action) I see a list of the templates we have created, and I can edit those. The one I want to edit, however, is the 'Basic page' template which is the one provided by default by Confluence, but that doesn't appear on my list. If I could edit that one, that would be perfect...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,565 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you