Create a task which has to be done by different people

kaempfr March 18, 2019

Hi!

We are using Confluence Server 6.12.1 and I'm trying to set up a space for our team.

I've already noticed that it is not possible to assign a task to more than one user in confluence, so that it shown in multiple task reports. Not what I expect from confluence but I can live with that.

But we often have tasks which have be done by different people individually. For example, every team member has to hand in a weekly report every friday afternoon. At the moment I have to create the same task for each member, which is a bit tedious. And if I don't assign anyone to the task, the task is shown on our space page which is visible for everbody, but as soon as some select it as "done" it's also gone for everbody. So this also not an elegant solution in my eyes.

Can anybody help me with this, or does anybody know a suitable macros?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hi @kaempfr 

I tried to assign multiple users to one task. You can name multiple users, but it will just show to the first user named in the task. 

I think, you have to copy paste the tasks and assign it to every user manually. 

A suitable solution for tasks would be JIRA :) 

kaempfr March 18, 2019

Thanks for your quick answer. The problem with multiple user assignment is already known and there are a lot of threads about that.

Yeah, sounds like JIRA would be a solution. But unfortunately its not planned to get JIRA. So I will still searching a solution for confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events