Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a jira issue from Confuence with custom form

Paul December 27, 2017
I am using custom form to create issues from confluence. However, on issue creation screen i dont see the required fields from my JiRa project. Confluence is only updating summary and description

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

How are you doing this "custom form"?

Paul December 27, 2017

So the admin is doing it. We want to use confluence for user testing. So the plan is to have the user enter the defect information on a form ( table like) and then we will manually create issues in JiRa.

however, when we select to create the issue in jira it only gives option of summary and description and not all required fields 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

That does not tell us anything about what this "custom form" is.  Are you using Forms for Confluence, an issue collector, a plain page and the built-in create-from-selection, some form add-on you've found or written yourselves?

Rather than guess at an answer to that, there's a couple of things you might want to do instead

1. Ask your admin
  2. Describe what you do to create the issues
Paul December 27, 2017

Sorry Nic but the admin is not able to figure out either.

essentially when inhighlight the text  and select creat issue, i only see summary and description. Why are the other required fields not showing up?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2017

Right, so there's no "custom form".

When you select text and create issue, that's the standard Jira and Confluence integration and nothing to do with forms.  That integration is relatively simple and expects the Jira project to only require the summary.  It can't (yet) ask Jira for other field requirements.

Paul December 27, 2017

What are the options we have so we can have that capability

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2017

See the last sentence in the last comment...  Then make the fields optional.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events