Create Template Macro in Global Template Configuration

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Hello,

I have been trying to configure a global template in my Confluence DataCentre.

The template makes use of a macro : Create from Template.

It is interesting to note that I cannot specify/select a template from the list of templates, when I try to do this while configuring my global template.

This only works locally ( when a template is declared inside a SPACE ) 

Is this a bug ?

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2022

@Vickey Palzor Lepcha Actually there is a work around to create a global template from the existing templates. You have to use the source code editor for the same. If you are interested , you can follow the below URL

I hope that will help. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

I don't think you understood my problem definition.

The macro : Create From Template, does not allow us to choose a template from the list of templates, when that macro is used while creating a global template.

I have a global template , inserted the macro : Create From Template , and then tried to select from the list , but it throws an error. 

Anyway , I found out a workaround for it.

As for moving space template as global template, the plugin Confluence Source Editor , doesnt seem to work and is already incompatible to DC.

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Vickey Palzor Lepcha ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Yes, indeed this is a bug. You might want to vote on the below bug.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events