Converting mscgen diagrams and charts to Confluence

Alonso Bonifacio July 25, 2013

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating to Confluence from a MediaWiki.
A lot of our developers here used mscgen to render message sequence charts (http://www.mcternan.me.uk/mscgen/).

We want to purchase bitvoodoo's Sequence Diagram plugin and were wondering if it could interpret the old tags (old diagrams) that are being imported from the old MediaWiki wiki?

Please help!

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
IT Accounts June 2, 2014

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the reply. We actually installed PlantUML, Graphviz Plugin by Bob Swift, and squence Diagram by Bitvoodoo. We then hired contractors to write scripts to convert it all. They'll also write scripts to clean up a lot of what UWC didn't.
I think Atlassian should have a much better solution to this. A converter that is easier to configure and use. Somehting built-in maybe.

0 votes
Brendan Kaplan October 23, 2014

Hi Rodrigo, 

Have you tried MscGen for Confluence by Addteq?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addteq.confluence.plugin.mscgen.mscgen

0 votes
IT Accounts June 2, 2014

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the reply. We actually installed PlantUML, Graphviz Plugin by Bob Swift, and squence Diagram by Bitvoodoo. We then hired contractors to write scripts to convert it all. They'll also write scripts to clean up a lot of what UWC didn't.
I think Atlassian should have a much better solution to this. A converter that is easier to configure and use. Somehting built-in maybe.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2014

Hi Alonso,

That's a hard question. It seems that the bitvoodoo's Sequence Diagram was discontinued and replaced with the Confluence PlantUML Plugin According this page. I couldn't find any mention that the new plugin would have the functionality to convert the mediawiki sequence diagrams. It might be a good idea to get in touch with the PlantUML plugin so they will know if this is possible or not.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events