Convert to fraction

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Filenames in Confluence can't contain the character "/" however they can contain a fraction is formatted as such. I can't figure out how one of my users has accomplished this but I would like to be able to recreate. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2013

Half and quarter are valid ascii symbols, so it's not that hard to use them in file names. If you've got a windows box (sorry, I don't actually know how to do this on other machines, despite using Linux for years), then fire up an empty notepad page, hold down ALT and press 171 or 172 on the numeric keypad (you may need to toggle numlock first)

Bang, instant horrid fractions you can use in file names. Depends on the system - some are coded to protect you against them, but they're mostly valid.

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

"Bang, instant horrid fractions you can use in file names." - LOL

Thanks Nic!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events