Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content search extremely slow for users from one LDAP directory

Kristof Mantei November 19, 2019

Hi community,

I'm facing a very strange behaviour on one of my instances. 
Searching takes about 30 seconds for users from one LDAP directory. Users from the other directory don't face the same issues - it takes about 0.3 seconds to retrieve the results.

Logs neither show any errors related to the user I'm searching with nor any events at the time of searching. For the following query:

1. query: Test Search
  2. limit: 10
  3. src: next.ui.search

Has anyone made similar experience? 

call_timing.PNG

best regards

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019
Hello Kristof,
Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Happy to help.
Permissions are applied after the search is completed, so the search within Confluence shouldn't differ for users regardless of their access. So there must be something else that is causing this issue. 
To start troubleshooting, can you try the following?
  1. Flush your cache. Cache Statistics General Configuration > Cache Management and Flush All.
  2. Rebuild the Confluence Index from scratch.
  3. Compare the connectivity of access to the external user directory, or using ldapsearch compared to other directories.
Let me know how that goes and if you continue to have issues.
Regards,
Shannon
Michael Li October 26, 2021

I got the same problem, but after flush cache and rebuild index from scratch it still happens no matter user belong, both ldap and local user face the same problem. Our confluence version is server 7.4.7, please help to find out what is the specific reason cause the problem(we are upgrade from 5.9.4 to 7.4.7, but 5.9.4 searching faster)

Michael Li January 11, 2022

Maybe Confluence change the searching strategy, We used version of 5.9.4 about 5 years. There are so many attachments in the site. So, After enter the searching, Confluence always find out all result from the site, Specially, the content in attachments, Try filter by "type" condition to search content in your Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events