Consolidation of Status Macros on different SubPage

Norman Ortmann June 29, 2017

Hi guys,

we have different detailed reports within our Confluence and would like to extract the Status Macros set and also create some tables out of the information.

The goal is do create a page that give an idea about the overall statuses of the SubPages without having to access each page.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers Norman

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2017

Is this something the Page Properties Macro could handle?

The status is a property on each page and the report macro lists all pages. The example on the referenced page shows exactly that.

There are other (commercial) add-ons that provide macros for some more use cases (which I use, therefore I'm not that familiar with the Page Properties Macro), but maybe the standard macro does the trick?

Norman Ortmann July 3, 2017

Hi Robert, thank you for the answer we are playing with the page properties macro already ;)

Cheers Norman

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2017

If the features of the Page Properties Macro do not meet all your requirements, our (commercial) projectdoc Toolbox provides some features in the field of Agile Documentation, transclusion, and single sourcing.

For your use case: The Document Properties Marker Macro allows to define properties (similar to the Page Properties Macro) and the (for example) Display Table Macro lists matching pages and their properties/sections (similar to the Page Properties Report Macro). I use the combination of the two to show the state (such as finished, production, deprecated) of documents on an overview page.

In case you'd like to have a quick view on the features: We have a page that compares features of the projectdoc Toolbox and a Confluence (in version 5): Page Properties and Document Properties

Biased alert: Note that I am one of the authors of the projectdoc Toolbox. ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events