Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conntection Timed Out Error

Ryan_Furlong March 27, 2020

Hey guys, 

For some reason I'm unable to connect to Confluence on my Macbook with Chrome, Firefox or Safari. I get a Connection Timed Out Error. However, when using my mobile as a hotspot I'm able to connect. 

I don't seem to have any firewall active, I've cleared my cached and rebooted the Mac and the problem persists. I've also tried to experiment with Port Forwarding because I heard that some routers sometimes block port 200. Still no luck. 

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Barry Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2020

Hi Ryan Furlong,

There are two possible cases,

1. System proxy setting
  2. Anti virus software 

1) System proxy setting

It maybe because your System proxy setting for internet connection. When you use mobile hotspot different setup proxy setting will be applied.

That's why it is not working for wifi/internet connection and it is working for mobile hotspot.

So please check your proxy setting.

2) Anti-virus software 

Sometime antivirus will block internet request even that request is valid. So please disable  your antivirus software and access Confluence again. Also don't forgot to enable antivirus after this testing.

Ryan_Furlong March 31, 2020

Is there a particular proxy setting that should be configured? 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 6.33.59 PM.png

Barry Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

@Ryan_Furlong , no, Your problem is not due to proxy setting. Then maybe it is due to your antivirus software. can you please try that second suggestion and update me back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events