Connection failed when creating a new space

Deleted user January 21, 2020

Hi,

I tried to create a space under jira, but I received an error message - connection failed. Do you know how to fix it? 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi,

Project in Jira or space in Confluence? Could you paste the error message?

Best

JP

Hi JP,

Actually I have both problems.

1) I am not able to create a space in confluence, because there is no option when I choose 'Space' in confluence page

2) I am not able to create a new confluence space in jira because of the failed connection.

create a new confluence space.pngcreate a new confluence space in jira.png

Here above are the error messages for both problems.

Thank you

Best Qianru

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi,

your Confluence is using server, your Jira is in Cloud. I assume the both are not connected.

Additionally, maybe you're not allowed to create spaces in Confluence. Using Confluence server, there is one menu point "Create space" when using the Space dropdown menu.

Best

JP

Thank you for your reply, How do I fix it? Why i am not allowed to create a space?

Best, Qianru

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events