Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect hsql with DbVisualizer

Willam Won December 5, 2014

The confluence server deployed in linux,how to connect embedded HSQLDB DataBase with DbVisualizer which installed in windows?a.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2014

You can't.

HSQL is NOT a database server, it is a local fileset that can appear to be a database if you have the right drivers.  It doesn't offer itself up like other servers, although a lot of tools will allow you to connect to it LOCALLY, and there are tools around to make it available remotely.

Think of it this way - with Oracle, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server and the others, there is a process running on the database server that you connect to because the process is built to respond to remote accesses over a network.  With HSQL, there's just some files on a disk.

Note, this is only a dev/test server anyway, so I'm not sure why you're trying to access the database this way.  It begs the question "Why are you looking at the database?".  As there's probably a much better way to do what you need to do.

Willam Won December 5, 2014

I encountered two problems. First, Now embedded HSQL is used in production,i want to migrate to other database such as MySql. Second, I can't login confluence with admin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2014

Ok, you've asked this twice in two different ways. Let's stick to one thread over at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11443010/i-can-not-log-in-with-admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events