Confluence

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

I want restriction that only a specific user can see a page inside the space. But user should see only one page that he is allowed to watch and all other pages in this space is invisible for him.

For example i got space "Accounting" and there i got pages like "Salary","Inventory", ''Assets' and i want that if CEO clicking on space "Accounting" he only see "Assets" page and no other pages. And Financial group could see all 3 pages.

I know a desision out of the box for Confluence:

1)Give a user permission for parent page.

2)Walk thru other pages and restrict viewing them

But is there some other way to do so without so much work to do. Because there can be 20 child pages where we need to restrict view for a specific user or group.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Stanislav 

you are getting it absolutely right as you already mentioned it. System is all about being open... My first idea would be using groups (as you mentioned too) to have less work but for one single person I see no chance getting around this. 

Especially thinking about CEO who should probably see anything.... why would the biggest boss not see everything?

If there are certain things/elements in content on the pages you maybe wanna have a look on Visibility from Servicerocket. This App gives you the opportunity to hide content from certain users. 

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

@Fabienne Gerhard 

there is no way you can hide a parent page and give a permission to view a child page ?

No plugin as i understand

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Yep @Stanislav - parent permissions will be given to subpages!
As you already said:

• Parent page (open to A, B, C)
    • Childpage 1 (open to A - but restricted to B, C)
    • Childpage 2 (open to A and B - but restricted to C)
    • Childpage 3 (open to B and C - but restricted to A)

ALL restrictions must be set manually

With the app I mentioned you can hide parts of the content on the same page which means you can open all pages (incl. childpages) and don't show confidential content on the pages for groups/users. 

Like Stanislav likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events