Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence version 2.4.5 for upgrade

Patrik Cevela July 27, 2017

Hello guys,

I'm looking for linux package for Confluence version 2.4.5 or compatible. In Download archives I was able to find only versions 2.2.10 and then 2.6.3 nothing in between.

Why I need confluence this old? I've inherited infrastructure with confluence this old running on some Solaris + Oracle DB platform and I want to migrate to Linux and MariaDB. So I want to export data from 2.4.5 Solaris, import it into Linux platform and then upgrade it towards last version without data corruption.

Thanks for help

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

From memory, 2.3 and 2.4 had serious licencing issues, and are not legally distributable.

In your case, as you have 2.4.5, installed at the time, in good faith, I suspect Atlassian might give you a copy.  You should ask over at https://support.atlassian.com

yeah, I was trying to do it but I'm doing PoC with starter licences so I can't use direct support channels. If this upgrade can be done without harm on data, then we will buy 1000+ seat license but till end of successfull PoC my managers don't want to hear about any extra money spent...

You know.. typical corporate war...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

An evaluation licence should let you raise one, and you can then explain what you're doing!

hmm, okey I didn't thought about it... 

I'll try it, thanks for tip! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events