Confluence user unable to login

Alain Fontaine August 2, 2017

Hello,

I have a user who has access to both Jira and Confluence according to the user details. He can login and use Jira just fine, but gets this error when trying to use Confluence:

Zrzut ekranu 2017-08-02 o 12.49.34.png

I did my best double-checking the permissions, and all looks well. Other similar users have no issues.

Where shall I look next?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Does the account have "can use confluence" as well as space permissions?

Hi,

Yes, it does have these - that's why I'm a bit lost. Is there no "audit trail" or similar that would allow to check a users permissions against the policies?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Probably because Confluence's permissions are really simple - can log in, can do things in a space.

Next debugging questions -

1) Can you find the named person in the "users" list?

2) Is it possible to @mention them in a page?

3) Are you using google accounts, atlassian accounts or a SAML setup with Cloud to provide the users?

Hello,

1. No, this user is not in the Confluence user listing, although he shows up under "User management".
  2. No
  3. Atlassian accounts

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

Ok, if they're not on the list, and they can't be mentioned then they don't have the "can use confluence" rights.

I positively confirm that this user is in the confluence-users group, and this user also shows up in the "Application access" screen as using one license for Confluence.

Update : when I use "Login as <user>", this works for me - I have access to what this user should have access to. So, problem seems to appear only when this actual user logs in using his credentials.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Alain, The Cloud Support team is asking that you open a ticket with them so they can dig into the specific user's account. They will need info you won't want to post here. Please open the case at https://getsupport.atlassian.com. Thanks!

Will do, thanks Ann!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events