Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence upgrade caused Pocket Query to break

Allen Licha October 5, 2016

We upgraded Confluence from 5.8.10 to 5.10.6.  The Pocket Query is now throwing an error on the affected pages.  The error reads "Error rendering macro 'pocketquery' : null".  When reviewing the Pocket Query configuration, everything is showing as "null".  I cannot delete these or add anything new.  When I click the trash can they don't actually delete.  Please advise on how this can be resolved.

Thank you,
Allen

Confluence Error null.png

5 answers

0 votes
boris_alyurov_prcm October 28, 2016

The issue got resolved once we upgraded Confluence to 5.10.8

0 votes
boris_alyurov_prcm October 27, 2016

Hi All, 

What was the solution to it? We're on Confluence 5.10.6 and just updated PocketQuery. 

Thanks,

Boris 

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2016

Please see my answer from Oct 15. If you have Confluence 5.10.6, please use PocketQuery 2.1.1. Otherwise, use 2.1.2. Confluence 5.10.6 has a bug that caused PocketQuery to break.

boris_alyurov_prcm October 30, 2016

Thanks. We upgraded to the latest version of Confluence and are fine now. 

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2016

Hi everybody,

I'm really sorry, somehow I didn't see this question earlier. Let me guess: you upgraded to Confluence 5.10.6? This is the single Confluence version that has a bug with Bandana:

Atlassian fixed this issue in Confluence 5.10.7 and released that version quite fast. I would consider 5.10.6 not a production version because of that issue.

I worked around this issue in PQ 2.1.1 which is the only version that works with Confluence 5.10.6. You can use this version as long as you're on 5.10.6. But I'd recommend to upgrade to a higher version, since there might soon be more problems with third party add-ons using Bandana.

Also: there is no need to do deletion or import/export. All the data is actually there, even if you see all those nulls. 5.10.6 simply won't allow the add-on to retrieve the data.

Regards, Felix

0 votes
Chris Yetter October 14, 2016

We were able to fix the issue.

Here are my notes, incase someone in the future has the same issue.

We deleted all references to pocket query admin inside confluence database bandana table where bandana context = scandio

Then we uninstalled PocketQuery 2.1.2 and reinstalled 2.1.1.

Then we restored from our pocketquery backup.xml

0 votes
Chris Yetter October 11, 2016

I work with Allen.  Here's some additional information.  

We've tried reinstalling PocketQuery, but upon re installation we still see the null queries and database.

2016-10-11 10_20_37-PocketQuery Administration - Medseek Confluence.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events