Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence unusable in enterprise with Lotus Notes.

Mark Gillespie November 18, 2014

We currently pay for JIRA, Bamboo and Stash, use SourceTree and are very happy with the results we are getting, it's revolutionised our development process.   To complete the development process "jigsaw", we are trialing Confluence.  However this has not been very successful, and it's basically fallen at the first hurdle - Notification emails in Lotus Notes 8.5 are so badly broken, the product is unworkable for us.

As much as I would like to throw Lotus Notes in the bin and get a modern enterprise mail system, our company has invested lots of time and effort into bespoke business solutions, so it's going nowhere anytime soon. (it doesn't help that the people that make the decisions on that, are heavily invested,so part of the problem).

Are there any plans to properly support Confluence with Lotus Notes, which still to my knowledge has a very large enterprise userbase?   As until that happens (or I have missed something in the configuration), we can't carry on our evaluation.

Untitled.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2014

It's logged with Atlassian, but not seeing much attention - last mention was in Confluence 4.3!  See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-16221

I guess the answer is going to be a "not in the foreseeable future" - presumably there are too few Notes users making noise about it.

A wider search might be worth a quick look too, I used https://jira.atlassian.com/issues?jql=text ~ "lotus" and resolution = unresolved and project = Confluence

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

This is not only a problm with Notes. As soon as you use any SSO-mechanism you'll have this problem.

Mark Gillespie November 20, 2014

OK thanks. I think that's the nail in the Confluence coffin for us then.  It's not enterprise ready.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2014

Well, it is really, judging by the number of "enterprises" using it. In this case, it's more down to your Enterprise selecting poor tools...

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2014

Hi Mark,

is a text mail an option?

Regards

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events