Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence (self-hosted) fails to start.

Mark Hylas December 12, 2017

Hello,

Upon restart the server that is self-hosting our Confluence instance, we noticed our confluence service never came back up. Instead it was routed to the "setup confluence page" as if we were installing from scratch. The specific URL is below.

http://localhost:8090/setup/setupstart.action

Currently this is running on ubuntu 16.04. 

The only mistake we can possibly think of is removing a log file from the /var/atlassian/confluence directory. This was done by mistake, and we are paying for it now.

We were originally working on it for completely different reason ( hibernate error.)

Please let me know any information you need so I can better help you. We have a backup but its a bit older than I would like.  Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

If the confluence.cfg.xml file in the root of the Confluence Home directory  is missing or the permissions on it are such that the user Confluence is running under cannot see it, then the setup wizard will be launched as you describe.

If you have a file system backup you can retrieve the file from there if it is missing. Attachments and other data specific to your instance is also in the Home Directory so please do check the file system permissions.

Another idea is to generate a new confluence.cfg.xml: How to Generate a New confluence.cfg.xml

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events