Confluence not allowing or blocking set focus on text area on html form

Julio Mugabe February 21, 2013

I created an html form page that has some javascript embedded in it. When I run it independently, all the form controls on it work correctly e.g. I can click in the text area and type some content.

However when I embed the above html file via Bob Swift's html macro, it renders correctly, I'm able to select radio button option etc but when I click in the text area "abc" and try to type something it immediately places the cursor(sets focus) in the comment text field and the typying instead appears in the comment text area. I suspect there is some javascript that is native to Confluence that is stealing this setfocus.

I created a usermacro that disables the comment from showing up automatically on this page, I appiled it to this page and it comments dont show up now but when I click and try to type in my text area "abc", it does not work.

How do I resolve this issue? Thnks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Confluence comes with an HTML macro already in the system plugins. Perhaps you need to disable it first before the Bob swift macro will work as they're interfiering with each other.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events